Thursday, December 10, 2015

Latest Photo Shoot 2015


 I had a blast photographing the beautiful and multi talented Ashley Flores. She is a Hair and Makeup artist extraordinaire and now she is branching out into the world of modeling, fashion and style..AshleyFlores.  We shot this session at one of my favorite locations ..Brite Valley in Tehachapi Ca. There are many spots just off Brite Valley Rd that are ideal for a Photoshoot. One in particular is the old shed (barn) at the west end of Brite Valley..just below the old Historic house on the hill. ( this house is being lovingly rebuilt to its original glory) . There is also an old structure nearby that has totally calapsed and serves as a great backdrop. My favorite spot is an old platform that was used at one time to off load cattle... It just screams for attention!! Overall I think we managed to create some pretty nice images. I want to thank my crew Suzy and Julio Chavez for helping out with this project..you guys are awesome. For my lighting set up I used a Gary Fong lightsphear at the end of a painters stick. This is the first time I have tried this method..very lightweight and easy to manipulate and I don't have to worry about wind knocking over an umbrella on a stand. I kind of like the modifier on a stick idea except you will always need an assistant. ( thanks Julio). All in all we had a great time and the images came out awesome. I want to also thank Ashley for braving the cold  and being a good sport and having patience with me. Looking forward to our next project together. If you enjoy this blog and its content, leave a message or better yet become a follower. Until next time ..smile and be Happy !! 



The image above was captured while Ashley posed sitting down on the edge of the Cattle Shute. I positioned a speed light just behind her to separate her a little from the background. 


I really like the background on this one. I asked Ashley to pose in front of the collapsed Barn which is right across the road from the Cow Shute. She did a great job . 


Ashley brought along a few props like this nice colorful umbrella . I think it really adds a whimsical touch to the photo. 

Props are an important addition to any Shoot. 


  Having an assistant or two really makes for a more effortless and enjoyable photo shoot. Here my assistant Suzy is helping Ashley put on some flat shoes...Ashley was wearing heels and had a hard time walking without the heels digging into the soft soil. 

Here I am posing Ashley and trying to achieve the best angle and composition. That is my light on a paint stick in action. I always use my speed lights off camera for better dimention and drama. Highlights and Shadows create mood and sculpts the subjects face. Thanks Julio for being my voice activated light stand ! 




This is Ashley posing on the Cow Shute. I really like working this location because it offers many options for grabbing some awesome images.
Julio and I doing what we love..capturing awesome images. Don't forget to leave a comment if you like my blog and while your at it ..become a member. 


No comments: